How to add Google Tag Manager to your Shopify Store
You can install your tag manager code on Shopify using these instructions.
1. Install Google Tag Manager to get the code snippets that you will need to copy and paste into your Shopify store. Because Shopify uses templates, you only need to copy the snippets into the theme.liquid and checkout.liquid files.
2. In your Shopify admin, click Online store, and then click Themes.
3. In the theme drop-down, click Edit Code.
4. Copy the first code snippet from Google Tag Manager into the <head> tags of your theme.liquid and checkout.liquid code:
5. Copy the second code snippet from the Google Tag Manager into the <body> tags of your theme.liquid and checkout.liquid code:
6. In your Shopify admin, click Save.
7. In Google Tag Manager, continue installing the Google Tag Manager. When prompted to add tags, do not add the following types of tags:
8. If your store is on Shopify Plus, you’ll need to add the Google Tag Manager code snippets to your checkout.liquid theme files as well.
Share existing Shopify account
Please share the existing Shopify User’s login Email and password to firstname.lastname@example.org
Create new Shopify Admin account for email@example.com
1. From your Shopify organization admin, click Users.
2. Click Add user.
3. Enter the email addresses of the users who you want to add.
4. In the Access and permissions section, do either of the following:
5. Optional: To change two-step authentication to not required, do the following:
6. Click Send invite.
Your new user now appears in the users list with the Pending status. After the users accept your invitation, their status changes to Active.
Share Google Tag Manager access to with Helpflow
“Google Tag Manager” is a tool that enables you to add a single line of code to your website, which can then be used to add the chat service to your site / modify our chat code as needed occasionally without ever having to touch your website code.
To share access:
This will give us what we need to use Google Tag Manager to add the chat code to your website.
Add GTM CODE Shopify Stores